Jai ho (Victory to thee, Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack) - A R Rahman (India)



A better sound version, HERE

Conceptual translation...

Victory to thee

O my life! come under the decorated canopy
Come below the blue sky that has embroidery
made of Silver (meaning: stars)

I am saying truthfully that (while I was away from you),
my life was getting drained out of me,
particle by particle

I was spending nights (as if I was) dancing
on (burning) coals (meaning: fires of loneliness)

The sleep of my eyes got blown away
from my sighs (of sorrow)

My fingers got burnt by counting so many stars
that (science says) are very hot

This night (when you are eventually with me)
is sweet like honey. You also taste it

Keep it, it is (my) heart
which is the ultimate frontier (of all achievements)

The Black eyeliner (in your eyes)
Of course, it is casting
kind of black magic (on me)

Since time unknown, you have been holding some words
at the tip of your tongue (you couldn’t say them),
(now just) say them out (meaning: the words “I love you”)

Say them, yes, say them,
now the eyes have also stooped (in confession)
such illuminated eyes
are these two glittering diamonds?

Baila! Baila!
(Dance! Dance!)

Ahora conmigo, tu baila para hoy
(Now with me, you dance for today)

Por nuestro dia de movidas
(For our day of moves)

los problemas los que sean
(whatever problems may be)

Salud!
(Cheers!)

Baila! Baila!
(Dance! Dance!)

1 comentario:

Esperanza BY dijo...

Muchas gracias para esta entrada!! Es muy interesante para mi!